Contact the Customer Services Unit

Please note that you should only send queries relevant to the Department; if your query relates to the delivery of services you should contact the Health Service Executive.

The Department receives many queries regarding genealogy, tracing ancestors etc. If you are seeking this type of information you should instead consult one of the many web sites dealing with Irish genealogy. You may also wish to visit the General Register Office website.

We also receive a large amount of queries regarding health services abroad. Please note that you are sending a message to the Irish Department of Health and Children. You may be looking for the United States Department of Health and Human Services or the United Kingdom Department of Health.